Saturday, January 3, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! My wife, Heather, has been blogging for a while now and I thought the other day "You know, if I'm the Music Man, maybe I should have some Music Man's notes." So, here they are! We just got back from Disney World last week and spent Christmas with my parents here at home. BTW - yes we're Disney people. Basically, every time we're in Orlando, we think "Hmm, maybe we could move here and get all our friends and family to move down here too." Then we realize that's completely unrealistic and let it go until our next trip when we'll......you guessed it...go through that all over again. We're freaks but at least we know it.

To start off I guess I'll go with my most recent musical discovery. I'm a marching band tech so an occupational hazard is knowing what's going on in the "marching arts". However, I don't get too into it because it just takes up so much time as it is. So, about a month ago I just stumbled on Phantom Regiment's 2008 show "Spartacus!". I had heard how good it was but never took the time to watch it. So, I watched it and loved it, the video quality isn't great, but you'll love it anyways.

Then I was lead to their 2006 show "Faust". It's nearly as good and definitely what we need to be seeing from Drum Corps. I could go on a whole tangent about how the American Band Movement is suffering because not enough groups perform material like this and blah, blah, blah, but in order keep readers I'll save that for another day. Both shows are taxing emotionally, but that's what I love about them I'm an "all in, all the way" kinda guy, so I can appreciate how much it takes just to get through those 11 and a half minutes on the field. Enjoy the videos!

1 comment:

  1. I've always enjoyed Phantom Regiment. Makes me sad that I couldn't march in the drum corps! Welcome to the world of blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete