Sunday, January 11, 2009

This cannot wait

Two things swirling around in my head:

Had a great talk with Heather yesterday about being a leader in the household, etc. Very informative conversation. It just occurred to me...I never knew that most of the time that she wasn't emotionally invested in the "small things". She never said, I never asked, I just always assumed that they were a big deal to her. Instead of saying "Hey baby, do you REALLY care if we go to Applebee's or Chili's?" "No, I mean, REALLY care." "No, really." I just assumed that it was a huge deal and threw off the leadership robe in order to "please" when pleasing just wasn't necessary. In fact, I would have been "pleasing" if I had just stepped in and made the call so we could move on with our lives. Dang I'm stupid!

Less important, but still a little frustrating...

I didn't pick the Giants so they could run easy-to-defend and obviously-not-going-to-work running plays on 4th down that would be topped off with pathetic direct snaps. I mistakenly assumed that they would play like they did last year. Yeah, Reason #1 why I don't gamble on sports. Vegas is fickle, but professional athletes are even more fickle. Doh!!! Just imagine how good it felt when I actually got the Arizona pick right yesterday! Oh well, there goes 4-0 this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment