Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hope, not fear

President Obama today called on us to choose hope over fear. I would have said something stronger like "Hope in spite of fear", but I'm not the President, am I?

The Word says (1 John 4:18) There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. Now, I'm not saying Barack Obama is the second coming (because he isn't). And, I don't blame him for playing down the savior tag alot of folks are giving him. BUT, I think he's not just saying that. I think he's actually humble enough to know he can't do it all and it isn't going to happen overnight. To me, that's the closest thing we can get to love from our President. He's loves this country so much that he's not going to try to delude us with a false sense of hope, as if he believed he was the second coming. Like he thinks he has all the answers and it's his way or the highway. He knows better. I love that!

Yeah, I voted for him and this is why.

I just could tell he is a man of action. If something needs to be done, he's on it. No pussyfooting around. I love that. He's not going to fix things overnight, but by golly if he isn't gonna try.

I loved the way Bill Clinton spoke (and still do), but dang, Obama makes Clinton look like an amateur. You can feel the intense genuine quality of his heart's desire for the nation pouring out of his mouth. If you're not inspired on some level I don't know what to say. My hope is in the Lord of peace. The Lord who provides. The Lord who sustains. TheLord who protects us. The Lord who gives every perfect gift. The Lord who hears our prayers. Is Obama an answer to prayer? I have no idea. I can tell you this......

God puts people in places where He wants them. So, for right now, this man of action is asking us to hope because he ascended to office on God's shoulders. I really think he's that serious. I'll hope in the Lord and not fear as MANY have been telling us to do for so long. I just can't do that. How am I suppose to lead my family (learn to, anyways) if I'm constantly afraid of an unseen evil. I'll fear the Lord, for in that is wisdom. Wisdom to follow His ways and do so in His time. Wisdom to know His time is perfect. Since He's, you know, perfect.

On a lighter note:

I am VERY impressed with the Marine Band. They played very well in tune all day even though it was 4 million degrees below zero. That's not easy people. Plus, Itzhak Perlman, Yo Yo Ma, and Anthony McGill (playing his good setup outside and playing so beautifully). Personally, I would have never taken my horn out in that weather (I've got a plastic one), but he killed it anyways. It was great to see such fine musicians performing in front of the world. So often, the arts are pushed into the background and here they were right up front for all of us to enjoy RIGHT before an immensely historic event. Very cool. Maybe that Secretary of the Arts thing has a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment