Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Monday Madness

Well, I can say three things for sure.

1. I have no idea who I'm picking in the AFC and NFC title games.

2. Having American Idol and Biggest Loser on at the same time make TV watching difficult in this house. Whom are we supposed to choose?

3. Weird news is not hard to come by. An attorney was arrested for giving his client a piece of candy in court. Yes, you heard right. Check out the story here. Yes, our lawmen in uniform have nothing better to do. This only further increases my mistrust of such people....that includes the lawyers. I mean, really, who wants to be represented by a lawyer who gets arrested in court over candy?

In cheerier news...

One of my students made All-State today. YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! This kid spent their whole freshman year getting yelled at in rehearsal, their whole sophomore year in a musical growth spurt(which will show your improvement, but also makes you very awkward), and now it's "All-State here we come!" I can't attest to work ethic better than with this child. Literally every time I say "Work on that." the response is always "OK." Very matter of fact, no excuses. When something doesn't go well the response is always "Yeah, I know, that sucked, I'll work on it." To all this I say..."No wonder you made All-State!" Granted, the Bass Clarinet doesn't offer alot of competition, but it doesn't offer alot of opportunity either. You have to take it where you can get it. I was told today that I "got one." Nope, this kid got one today (all I do is beat 'em in the head with a stick) (Well, not really, but you know what I mean.) Complete with statewide recognition and two days off school in March to go to Savannah and play all day. I'm jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment