Saturday, January 10, 2009

Memory Verse 1.0

So here's the scoop. Since we wanted more accountability on being in the Word we were commissioned to our first Memory Verse....verse....verse....verse(can't you hear the echo of importance?) Now, I know I can memorize music..."This one time, at Band Camp, I memorized all my show music the night before in like, 2 hours." Memorizing words on the other hand, yeah. Not so sure if I can do that, and I KNOW that memory verses are good for you and da da da, but dang, I'm not sure if I can do that. Anywho....


I used Bible Gateway to pull up the exact passage (very cool feature) and I had left it up on the laptop. This was especially important since I didn't have it ready for small group this past Thursday, but I was saved by....wait for it.....the BCS title game. What can I say, Pastor's like football too. I figured I should bang it out or I'll be the bad student in the group, and if anyone who's known me for a long time is reading, they know I'm totally NOT the bad student.

Here it is:

2 Peter 1:5-10

5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. 8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

10Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, (NIV)

I am happy to report that, not only, is it good advice, but that I memorized it in about 20 minutes. Yay me!!!



1 comment:

  1. I, unfortunately, STINK at memorization. My marching band music took a freaking eternity to memorize, and being a percussionist, I fortunately didn't have to memorize my senior recital music or I probably would STILL be taking the darn juries! Consequently, this Scripture Memorization? Is taking a looonnnnngggg time!

    ReplyDelete