Sunday, January 18, 2009

The "HAHA, I knew it:!" post

So, the Eagles just failed to convert on 4th and 10 and I have felt this smart few times in my life. I told someone this morning at church "I picked the Cardinals. Do you trust Donovan McNabb?" When the questioner had no rebuttal I knew it in my gut. I can't make this up, even though I didn't blog last year, I REALLY thought the Giants were going to win the Super Bowl....it was like they were a team of destiny. Say hello to your new team of destiny *Celine Dion accent* "Open Curtain. He are, the Arizona Cardinals." (As a reference, Celine Dion describes in a TV biography that when she fell in love with her Husband, Rene, that she wanted to say (in her best "I am the Greatest Singer in the World" accent) "Open curtain, here is the man I love" Sorry, that's funny)

As soon as the Eagles failed on the conversion I immediately called my Dad to say "The Cardinals are going to the Super Bowl baby!" Now, my Dad is 65 years old. He was 15 when the "Greatest Game Ever Played" was played. He remembers all the old-schoolers and reminds me on occasion how tough those guys were, just to keep me in check. He knows how much I love the 49ers (and, consequently, Joe Montana) but he'll remind me about guys like Sammy Baugh, Roger Staubach, Bart Starr, Dick Butkus, and the like. He's pretty much seen it all. His response was "Well, there you go son." When someone who's seen that much football has nothing to say you know something's up.

Bill Simmons (aka, The Sports Guy) mentioned in his weekly article something that was funny in regards to Kurt Warner (who calls on the name of Christ after every game and I LOVE it!) Someone told him "You don't bet against God and puppies." Well, I don't think God cares who wins the Super Bowl, but if He did, and He was a Cardinals fan, you need some sort of biblical point of view for "Don't bet against God and puppies." Job 9:4 "Who has hardened himself against God and succeeded?" There you go, your Super Bowl XLIII Champions, *Celine Dion voice again* "Open Curtain, the Arizona Cardinals!" Yes, I'm making the pick now. No, I don't care if I'm right about the AFC Title game. It doesn't matter. You thought the Giants were a team of destiny? I think we've found a 9-7 team that has an equal destiny (and a Hall of Fame Quarterback.)

No comments:

Post a Comment