Sunday, January 4, 2009

Maybe I should start picking...

Well, since it's playoff time and I started the blog yesterday I suppose I should start picking NFL playoff games for everyone else's amusement. If I were really serious I'd be using the "Sport Guy's Manifesto" but let's face it. He's the best sportswriter going and even though I understand the manifesto I'm not smart enough to actually employ it in making picks. I'm not a betting man at all, but since I'm not actually betting money it's kinda fun to pick against the spread.

Baltimore's getting 3.5 points AND visiting Miami? It's not as if Miami is the "worst playoff team ever". (Consequently, that team beat the Falcons yesterday.) Miami's a good team with a good quarterback. Then again, Baltimore's a good team with a good rookie quarterback and an even better defense. OK, Baltimore SHOULD be the favorite. Baltimore -3.5

Philly's getting 3 points and visiting Minnesota. OK, this one I get. I can see how the Eagles are favored. They start Donovan McNabb, Minnesota starts Tavarus Jackson (who is filling in for Gus Frerotte). That alone says it all. Otherwise I'd say the teams are pretty even. Bryan Westbrook - Adrian Peterson. Fred Gibson - Bernard Berrian. You get the idea. That leaves us but one question...Is Donovan McNabb worth 3 points, on the road, in the playoffs. I'm going with what I know. He took the Eagles to 4 straight NFC title games. So, yeah, he's worth the 3 points. Philadelphia -3

And just in case these picks are actually correct I have to admit that I would've taken Atlanta and Indy yesterday which makes me 0-2 for the playoffs. Yeah, yeah, thanks alot Darren Sproles! If you didn't have enough proof of how good LaDanian Tomlinson is look no further than his former backup (Michael Turner, who had like 1700 yards for a playoff team this year) and his current backup (Darren Sproles, who just won a playoff game for a .500 team against a 3-time MVP quarterback.....in OVERTIME.) Dang. Can we say 1st ballot HOF? And while we're at it jus a random thoght that nobody will agree with me on. If LDT is goingto the HOF on the first ballot and he hasn't even made it to a Super Bowl then we need to give Terrell Davis more love. He WON two Super Bowls for Mike Shanahan and John Elway. For me, that's enough said.

1 comment:

  1. Such the MAN'S blog topic! Welcome to the blogosphere. Diva husband's not even sure what a blog IS! ;)

    ReplyDelete