Monday, June 15, 2009

Showtime!

Your 2009 NBA Champions....The Los Angeles Lakers!

I told my dad last night when we were over for dinner that we were going to win.  He knows sports, but he tells me they won't close it out tonight.  I remind him that Orlando is probably done.  I didn't think they'd lay down...but they'd do a form of it.  Guess what?  They did.  They gave up.  The only thing that's heartening for them is this.....

I read a tweet from Rachel Nichols who said that Dwight Howard made Jameer Nelson sit on the bench and watch the Lakers celebrate.  They're clearly planning for next year.  I don't blame them, but Dwight better work on scoring if he wants that to happen. (Oh, and free throw shooting)  Dwight, I feel bad for you because you're going to have to contend with this young Lakers team every year for a while, and LeBron, and Chris Paul, and the Nuggets. 

Bill Plaschke says that the Lakers should be able to pay Trevor Ariza and Lamar Odom.  Man I hope so.  If so, we can do this 3-peat thing again.  Maybe more.  We know Kobe's going to sign a new monster contract in 2010 and this nucleus will be together for a few more years.  YES!  Please just be warming up.

Congrats to Kobe for being named the Finals MVP.  Go home and sleep.  Until October!  I'm tired of hearing how many games you've played in the past 18 months.  I'm sure you are too!

Trevor Ariza...I hope the Magic feel stupid for trading you....because you couldn't shoot!

D-Fish....I extolled your virtues on my blog previously and nothing was cooler than to see you and Kobe share that moment right when the game ended.  I don't think anybody could have come into the league at the same time as a player like Kobe and done more with such a great player.  People say the Lakers fear Kobe.  I don't know if that's true, but he definitely respects you.  Maybe when Phil retires you'll be the new head coach of the Lakers?  Please?

Thank you Dick Vitale for railing against the idea that Phil can't coach and he just wins because he has talent.  That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard too Dickie V!  I guess Bob Cousy and Bill Russell weren't talented.  Or those doofuses from UCLA..Walton and Alcindor.  Yeah, they stunk!  (Really?!?!?!)

Let's get you to six so we can have the Jordan conversation Kobe....  I just heard John Barry say that the closest thing to Jordan is Kobe.  Ok......let's get all the way there!

No comments:

Post a Comment