Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ok, you got your one....

I was right, initially, that the Lakers would win this series in 5 Games. I should have stuck with that prediction....... oh well.

But let me tell you this...The Magic shot 62.5% in Game 3 from the field, amazing. Good job. I never said they were a bad team. But, is anybody talking about how the Magic shot an NBA Finals record 62.5% from the field in Game 3 and almost lost? Anybody? Really? If it were me I'd be saying "Uh, I'm glad we won, but no one will ever shoot that well again and we still almost lost. DANG!" I'm not making a homer statement because I'm a Lakers fan, I'm speaking the truth. If the Lakers had done that I'd be HOT right now. No joke. That is totally unacceptable. You needed miracle-level defense to stop the Momba and barely won. Ouch!

I remember being in Orlando during the Eastern Conference Finals and listening to the homer picks like "The Finals is already over, the Magic are SOOOO much better than the Lakers!" I don't care how big of a Laker-hater you are, that just isn't true. So now we'll see if I'm right.

I'm going out with James from Ramblings of a Beggar on Thursday to see Game 4. I fully expect to watch an entertaining game that the Lakers win handily. Not easily. I never said the Magic sucked. But we will win handily. Enjoy your only Finals win Orlando Magic, we all gave you one to be fair. Please don't wait another 14 years to make the Finals again, we do like you, just not against MY Lakers.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment