Saturday, May 9, 2009

Man have I been lazy

SO, I haven't updated in a while...mainly due to laziness. So, things be going on.

School's soooo close to being out. We'll have end-of-year performance next week and then it's all downhill from there. Needless to say, at this point, I'm over it.

Heather's learning Russian. She's having sort of a midddlife crisis. Which, isn't really midlife since she isn't yet 30, but hey, what can you do!? Alls I can say is this...Russian is hard. Just hearing drives home how insanely hard it is. Yeah...

I watched all or part of every game of the Bulls-Celtics first round series. Somehow, I get nervous thinking of what kind of a springboard that would be for the Celtics (especially since they beat my beloved Lakers in the Finals last year after getting stretched in the first round by another unworthy team, the hometown Hawks.) Now, we've lost game 1 in round 2 to the Rockets and won the next two only to see Derek Fisher get suspended for playing hard, but Rajon Rondo (now known as Bruce Bowen Jr.) doesn't get disciplined for attempting t decapitate Brad Miller. Now, I know, the Lakers also benefit greatly from a crooked league's desire to have only the best and most-marketable teams in the Finals and their every attempt to sway results is so obvious my 4 year old could figure it out if she knew how much of a Lakers fan she is. BUT, I don't want the benefit! I want the Lakers to earn it fair and square! Period, I hate bad officiating. It makes me want to not watch, but I can't help myself.

Now the Nuggets (who were my dark horse way when, and begrudgingly so) are WAY better than I thought they were...the Spurs are old and washed up just like I thought and we clearly have a Lakers-Caves Finals coming. I want 7 games baby!!!! They steal on, we steal one, we win a title on their floor!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ok, I'm better.

As the school year closes down I'm thinking of what projects I'm going to have my private students working on this summer. I've got an 8th Grader who's sound needs to be repaired. She could do anything if we could fix her tone!!!!

A rising 12th Grade Bass Clarinetist who I want to beat over the head with hard etudes and harder literature.

A rising 10th Grade Bass Clarinetist who needs to learn to be secure and work harder than she is now. Without school to get in the way, I think we cna make inroads.

AND

A rising 12th Grade Clarinetist who has agreed (without seeing the part) to start working on the Corigliano Concerto. Now, if you're not familiar with the piece I would post a video, but all I could find was some video of a kid playing it....AND I want Richard Stolzman darnit! Anyways, Stolzman recorded the piece and you must go purchase the recording immediately!

So, because it's so hard she has no idea what she's gotten herself into, but she is more than technically capable, she just doesn't know it yet! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I feel better now...

No comments:

Post a Comment