Wednesday, May 20, 2009

D-Fish vs. Mike Bibby

So, here in Atlanta you can listen to 680 and be bored to death, or listen to 790 and have people talking who are actually thinking of intersting things to talk about. So, the other day they're discussing how much of an effect Mike Bibby has had on the Hawks. Monumental! Then they say, well, would the Lakers be where they are with Mike Bibby instead of Derek Fisher? And they conclude yes!!!?!?!?!

Are you serious!?!?! Mike Bibby is a good player who played well like one time in the playoffs for the Queens...I mean Kings. He's never hit a big shot in his life. D-Fish on the other hand has hit a myriad of big shots. And, I don't care if he's old and has lost more than a few steps. If something needs to be done, he can take care of it. Hit a 3 at the end of the first half to give us the lead, decapitate someone to send a message, whatever. Personally, this argument is stupid. Why don't we just do the Kobe/LeBron Muppet video with D-Fish and Mike Bibby "Hey Mike, have you seen MY 3 championship rings? You know, each one of these cookies represents a championship ring that I myself have won!" Enough said.

You know what else, I'm tired of hearing about how great Chaunvey Billups is and how he's this great facilitator and how Kobe is this selfish little boy. Last night, Kobe scored 41 and had 5 Assists. Chauncey had 18 points and 7 Assists. I'm over it! I'm not saying he isn't a great player, because he is, but he's not Jesus to Kobe's Herod. It isn't like that. Let's get real. MJ had garbage around him except for Scottie and he was NEVER villified for taking over. And this sin't because I'm a Lakers fan, it's because I'm tired of hearing about this mess.

While we're on the subject of mess. Can we talk about officiating? When is Chauncey gonna get called out for flopping!?!?!?! That foul on the 3 that got called on Kobe is one of the biggest flops I've ever seen!!! When will he get called out like everyone else? Yes, Kobe flops, and it drives me nuts, but I'm tired of the Lakers getting a bad rap because everyone's so comfortable calling him out and no one else. When will the NBA be investigated by someone for shaving points and manipulating the outcomes of games. It's getting old. When the Lakers win the NBA Title I want it to be fair and square.

I do have something positive to say, about the Nuggets. Nene and Chris Andersen are MONSTERS! I'll take either one of these guys any day of the week! What I don't understand is why the Nuggets don't funnel everything through these two guys. This series would already be over if George Karl were smart enough to figure this out. But, since he's such a genius I guess he knows something I don't. Or, he's not and he's getting more credit than he deserves. Either way, he's the curse. The Bucks might have had a chance against the Lakers in '01, except he couldn't get them to the Finals. The Sonics could have beaten the Bulls in '96 if he had figured out that Gary Payton could guard MJ. I had forgotten about this until Bill Simmons brought it up the other day in a very nice column he wrote on espn.com. I'm with you Bill! George Karl is a curse, just like Starbury.

You know what, why don't we just start an All-Dirt team while we're at it. I've seen Chauncey do things these playoffs that make me lose all respect for him. So, we'll have a 3 guard lineup with D-Wade, Chauncey and Rajon Rondo on the All-Dirt Team. Who's going to step up and take those 2 spots in the front court? We'll have to see. (In case you can't tell, I like CLEAN, physical Basketball.)

No comments:

Post a Comment