Wednesday, May 13, 2009

You beat us by 30..haha, we beat you by 40!

The playoffs are in full swing and I'm wondering what's going on. I mean, let's face it...the Cavs and Lakers are on a collision course for the Finals which will probably go 7 games. But, the other day when the Rockets beat the Lakers by 30 I was NOT happy. WTH?????!!!?!?!?!?!?! Who is this Aaron Brooks guy? He needs to jump back and the Lakers needs to step up. Well, they did. We beat the Rockets by 40 yesterday. I know, it's pitiful.

So, what's the deal? Can we just turn the switch on and off game to game? If we're that good we will surely win a title no matter how well LeBron has the Cavs playing (I know, their coach is Mike Brown, but he's not Phil Jackson, ok?) The problem is that I think some of the guys think they can flip the switch DURING games. Um, hell to the no!

We have no business toying with anyone at this point. This is not exactly a "Season lacking in other good teams." Back in the day the Lakers would toy with teams until the finals. The Bulls toyed with everyone, because they had no competition. The Rockets of 94-95 did the same thing. Have we looked around and seen all the goodness in the league this season? Ughhhh! Wake up gentlemen.

If only we had a way to press everybody all the time, they'd never be able to outscore us. I've secretly wondered why the press wasn't used more anyways. I know it's tiring, but come on people, you're whole job is to work out and play a game...how tired can you get?! Then I watched a couple of pros try to it and I realized that most of these guys either don't care or can't do it. You'd be shocked at how much better Mario West looked running a press for the Hawks than anybody on the Miami Heat. However, I let it go but I had no answer for that, then Bill Simmons had a back and forth with Malcolm Gladwell and Part I gives a fabulous explanation for the lack of pressing and a great way to utilize it.

Now, moving on to Urban Meyer. I never had a problem with him until this morning. I read this article and realized that he is a jerky jerk. You mean to tell me that since you just got to Florida then you can tell former PLAYERS that they are either for or against you? Are you serious? Here's what I want to see...Urban Meyer put on some pads and play at Shane Matthews' level. I think you can figure out the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment