Monday, April 20, 2009

Man, is this dude right or what!?

So Heather was heading out the door for the gym. She asked if I minded if she stayed for a dance class....of course, I had no problem with this. Then, in her "only Heather" cute way she said "nothin' left for me to do but dance!" and added a little shimmy. Then I said "Yeah, you know the words to everything" which she does. Then I said "I bet you know the dance for the video" the Jamiroquai video where Jay Kay is dancing in a room filled with moving tracks. Then she responds with "Yeah, ok" so then I said "I'll find it on YouTube."

So I found it. Only one problem I was talking about the "Virtual Insanity" video and she was talking about "Canned Heat" which is the music for the final sequence of "Center Stage" (by far one her favorite movies.)

Now, I remember when they won Video of the Year at the VMA's for the Jamiroquai video and I remember listening to this song on the radio, but I never knew what it was about. Dude, he wrote this song in 1996 at the latest. Did he ever hit this one on the head!?!? He's talking about genentic engineering, false teachers, governmental oppression, eroding liberties, reliance on technology, the final frontier of prayer, very heady stuff.

Plus, this dude's white. Now, I need to preface this with...I'm white and I know it. White folks don't typically have soul.....this white boy got soul. Dang! And he's talking about serious issues....pretty cool stuff.


Virtual Insanity - Jamiroquai

No comments:

Post a Comment