Friday, March 27, 2009

Superior Performances 3.27.09

Alright, alright, I know I've been on this theme for 4 weeks now, but this is the last and best of the 4.  This is the Madison Scouts in 1998 and my personal favorite of their shows.  (It's just a me thing, I'd be willing to bet people would actually fight over '95 and '96.)  This show has some classical elements in it that are really funny to hear in this setting, yet cool.    It's kinda like "A 5th of Beethoven" (If you're old enough to remember that.) (One of the funniest things I've ever seen is a dude dancing to this, in bellbottoms, in the very empty band room...in 1993!  Yeah, we were freaks.)     

But I digress...

The show literally has a bit of everything and, IMO, closes out the glory days of the scouts.  I really wish they could just go back here and do the 4 shows I've shown you over and over.  Drum Corps fans (not the technocrats) would be falling out in the aisles if that happened.  Alas, I fear the glory days aren't coming back, and it's a shame because, as you've seen, they were great.  Enjoy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment