Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Easy Sweet 16

So, I got 15 of 16 games right. I can't believe the Marquette kid stepped on the line...I totally could see an end to end final play like Gonzaga had the other day. Oh well, still, I did pretty good.

The Sweet 16 always gets somewhat clearer and somewhat less clear all at the same time.

For example, there is no reason in the world Louisville should lose to Arizona, however, I'm not in love with Louisville like I was. Granted, I think they'll win but I don't think they'll have an easy time of it.

Pitt and Xavier? Dude, I was lovin' Pitt, but now I'm lovin' Xavier too. Agggghhhh, which way is this gonna go? At the end of the day Pitt just has too much firepower....Fields at the point, Blair and Young inside, how can you pick against that? I'm not going to, but if they lose I won't be surprised.

Kansas and Michigan St. is a little easier for me. I thought Kansas was GETTING hot when I made that pick in my original bracket but now they ARE hot. So yeah, I really like Mich. St. and Tom Izzo rocks but I can't deny Kansas....if they get much farther I may be picking them to repeat.

For me, Nova and Duke is cut and dry. Nova is better than everybody thinks. Duke is good, but not THAT good right now. Nova going away.

I picked UCONN to lose to Purdue way back when and it was really just because I don't really care for UCONN and I didn't think they could hold up without Jerome Dyson...and NOW they are probably guilty of MAJOR recruiting violations. I always thought they were dirty, but now it's coming out.

UNC and Gonzaga is intriguing. I picked UNC originally because I thought they would lose to Syracuse in a barnstormer in the Elite Eight. Then I heard Scoop Jackson today say that the matchup of Ty Lawson with Pargo (Gonzaga's point guard and who's brother is a tough-as-nails NBA player) is not in favor of UNC. If Ty Lawson is not 100% they might lose. I'm torn. I'll decide right before gametime.

Missouri and Marquette is going to look like a track meet. asically, they play the exact same game. That's fine, because Memphis is still gonna win. Sorry Missouri, the curse of Tyus Edny is still upon you.

Syracuse and Oklahoma is easy for me. I love Syracuse and I love them more with every game. Blake Griffin is going to be a rich kid playing pro ball, but he ain't no match for the Cuse. Period.

Hopefully I'm right.....

No comments:

Post a Comment