Sunday, March 15, 2009

I like this tidbits idea

So, Heather had "tidbits" the other day, man what a good idea, so I'm stealing it! But I'll be nice and at least change the name of it, let's go with......."Well........"

Well........

- I'm watching Memphis had Tulsa their hat and it pretty amazing. Tulsa had it close for about a second, then Memphis got out front, then I went in the kitchen and the lead was 10, when I came back the lead was 23. Yeah, Memphis is pretty good.

- I saw Villanova's buzzer beater the other day. That's totally the way to play basketball. They kept it tight with Marquette, and Marquette played a great game, and even though they had almost no time at all they waited long enough for Marquette to make a mistake, and it worked!

- I would have liked to have seen the 6 OT World War III between Cuse and UCONN, there's a couple of problems with that. 1) I was 6 OT's, I can't stay up that late, I'm an old man now. 2) I really like Syracuse, always have, but I don't dislike UCONN enough to see if Cuse can hold on. 3) I LOVE Big East basketball, always have, but I don't love it that much. 4) I hate the angry face Jim Calhoun makes, I mean he looks like his face is morphing into a Gremlin. I just can't take it.

- I'm ready for the tourney, but I need to find a bracket I can fill in and post to the blog, if you know what to do, let me know.

- Just once in my adult life I'd like to see a basketball game officiated correctly. The officiating is 10 bagillion times worse in the NBA than it is in the NCAA but the NCAA still sucks really bad.

- I just finished rewriting the part for Claude T. Smith's "Fantasia for Alto Sax and Band." The transposition to Bass Clarinet isn't bad, but it's a complicated piece and moves pretty high on the horn. Plus, there are alot of alternate fingerings at work and I needed a prettier part with all the alternates written in.

- Additionally, I found good alternate fingerings for Altissimo A and Bb, they're going to be a life savers.

- Someone needs to hire me to design Bass Clarinets for them, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment